Nancy LT Hamilton
I, apparently, have a Chart fixation. I need to stop making them!
- 3M Radial Bristle Discs Color and Grit Chart
- 3M Polishing Papers Color Chart – Showing Grits/Microns/Color. Also, the ANSI standards grits chart.
- Sandpaper Comparison Chart – Comparison types of sandpapers and grits. Please see my video: How To Sand. as well as my webpage on Sanding.
- Adjustable Ring Size Chart. Here’s a ring size chart for adjustable rings. Don’t use it for soldered shank rings. See my video on making an adjustable ring.: How to Make a Ring (3 parts).
- Ring Blank Chart: A Ring Blank Chart is great for cutting just the right amount of metal for your ring without the hassle of using string or paper slips to cut to size. This chart is indispensable for cutting ring shanks. Don’t forget to add additional length if your band is wider than 4mm – add 0.5mm. As an additional resource, In the Pattern section, see an Adjustable Ring Shank Pattern. Also available are my videos on how to make rings: How to Make a Ring and How to Make a Domed Ring.
Soldering/Torch Related Charts
- Annealing Temperatures of Common Jewelry Metals: Colors to look for, whether to quench or not, metal melting points, and a lot more.
- Compressed Gas Valve Outlet Sizes – match your regulator inputs to your tank’s output valves.
- Gas & Oxygen Maximum Temperatures for Torches – Ever want to know which gas to use and its maximum temperature? Buying a torch and want to know what will work for you? Check out this brief chart for that information. Gases included are Acetylene, Butane, Hydrogen, Mapp Gas, Natural Gas, and Propane.
- Melting Points of a Few Metals: Spreadsheet that lists Melting Points (Liquidus Temperatures) of various metals: Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Gold Alloys, Silver, Sterling, etc.
B&S Gauge Charts
- B&S Gauge in MM’s and Decimals – a handy conversion chart for your bench. Has B&S Gauges with mm and decimal equivalents as well as nearest drill bit sizes.
- B&S Gauge to Millimeters, Decimals, and Fractions – Common Jewelry Gauges. Jewelry Gauges: #2 through #30. This is a one-page chart for the studio.
- Wire Gauge Chart – Confused about wire gauges? Check these charts out.
- Wire Gauge B&S, AWG, and European Cross Section – MM2. Also, a Comparison of Closest Matching Gauges with Standard Drill Bits. This chart shows wire gauges in B&S, AWG, and European Cross Section: MM2. The B&S and AWG gauges are shown in closest fractions, millimeters, and decimals. The European Cross Section is shown only in metric. There is also a comparison between B&S and AWG Gauges with closest matching Standard Drill Sizes (USA).
- See below for which drill bit fits what gauge.
Drill Bit Charts
- Drill Bit Chart: Use the Drill Bit Chart to determine which drill bit will be a perfect fit for your wire. How many millimeters is that drill bit? I have a 16 gauge piece of wire – what size drill bit do I use to match it? This chart shows you drill size to wire gauge, drill size to bit size in millimeters, wire gauge measurements in millimeters, wire gauge in millimeters to the closest fraction, and wire gauge to the closest decimal equivalent.
- Drill Bit Sizes in MM’s and Decimals – (Smaller Sizes) with closest Matching B&S and A.W.G. Gauges. This Chart shows the different Standard (USA) drill bit sizes in Metric and Decimal. There is also information on which size and type of drill bit match the gauge best. There are several similar charts to be found on my website – guess I have a thing for gauges and drill bit charts. The B&S Gauge is a much simpler chart. I use it on my bench. The other gauge charts show my Obsessive Compulsive side very well! How many charts like this does a body need? Well, no more!
- Gauges and their Closest Matching Drill Bits with Lengths per Ounce for Silver. This chart presents the B&S & AWG Gauges and their closest matching metric and standard drill bits. The sizes are shown in metric and decimal. Also, general lengths per ounce for silver are listed.
- Setting Burs. A list of gemstone sizes and the corresponding setting and/or hart burs for cutting seats. Lots more information too!
Decimal and Percent Charts
- Decimal and Percent Chart: The Decimal and Percent Chart comes in handy if a supplier lists tubing (or some other part) infractions and your stone is sized in millimeters. Using this chart simplifies conversions and does away with all of those nasty little mathematical formulas (although, it is nice to know them).
Jump Ring Related
- Pepe Tools Jump Ring Maker Sawblade Chart. This chart took HOURS to do! I had to test all the gauges with all the different mandrels. Anyhoo, it’s done! This chart will show you which size saw blade to use with which metal gauge and with which size mandrel! It will help you to save your blades and get better cuts on your jump rings. Watch for my new video: “How to get the most from your jump ring cutter” on YouTube, coming very soon. (11/2018) Page added: 10/28/18.
Sawing Related Charts
- Saw Blade Chart: Knowing which saw blade to use can have a big influence on your work. That’s where the Saw Blade Chart comes in. Using the wrong blade can result in wasted metal, difficulty in sawing, and creating lines that are too thick or thin. If sawing is difficult, try changing your blade size – it can make a huge difference. This chart shows you what saw blade to use with what gauge of metal. It also shows you how many teeth each blade has per inch or centimeter. This chart covers the thickness of the saw blade and what drill bit to use for that blade. Watch my two videos on sawing: How to Saw.